OKC Urban Farm Internship – Pollinator Project
Intern Position Summary
Commonwealth Urban Farms is seeking a part-time (20 hrs/wk) intern for the months of March,
April, & May to assist with the establishment of and education about pollinator habitats
throughout the urban farm. Workdays include Saturday mornings with remaining hours flexible.
Potential for additional fall season dependent on funds/candidate.
Intern Duties & Responsibilities
● Assist with planning and construction of at least 500 sq/ft of pollinator habitat throughout
Commonwealth Urban Farms
● Develop educational signage for pollinator habitat
● Organize & help recruit volunteers for Saturday workdays at Commonwealth Urban
Farms to assist with habitat development
● Lead educational tours of pollinator habitat at Commonwealth Urban Farms
Intern Requirements & Qualifications
● Some knowledge of horticulture/gardening/urban farming
● Ability to organize & oversee volunteers
● Good communication & education skills, must be comfortable working with general
public and leading group educational tours
● Ability to do physical labor, use a wheelbarrow, and lift 50 lbs
● Self-starter, hardworking, positive attitude
● Knowledge of social media, esp. Facebook events and posting
This position is being made possible by a grant from the USDA through the NRCS office.
Because of this partnership, intern will have access to NRCS office space for
printing/development of signage and other potential office needs.
If this project can be utilized to fulfill school credits or other course requirements we are happy to
explore that possibility. Please inform us of necessary requirements upon application so that
we can work with you to meet requirements.
**Please send your current resume along with answers to the following questions to
email@example.com by Friday February 14th to be considered for the