In partnership with Closer to Earth, CommonWealth Urban Farms produces and harvests vermicompost (worm compost) and after years of using it solely for our farm are producing enough to provide to the community. To order, email email@example.com or call Allen Parleir at 524-3977. You can also purchase individual bags at the Paseo Farmers Market here.
Learn more about how we use compost as a heat source here.
Vermicompost is a natural by-product of vermiculture (composting with worms). Our worms are fed a combination of composted food waste, wood chips, leaves, and rainwater.
For all plants (indoor & outdoor). Use in potting mixes, as a soil amendment, foliar spray or as a top-dressing.
• Improves soil structure & porosity to create a better root environment;
• Increases moisture infiltration & permeability, and reduces bulk density of
heavy soils – improving moisture infiltration rates and reducing erosion runoff;
• Improves the moisture holding capacity of light soils – reducing water loss and
nutrient leaching while improving moisture retention;
• Improves the cation exchange capacity (CEC) of soils;
• Supplies organic matter;
• Aids the proliferation of soil microbes;
• Encourages vigorous root growth;
• Allows plants to more effectively utilize nutrients;
• Enables soils to retain nutrients longer;
• Contains humus – assisting in soil aggregation and making nutrients more
available for plant uptake;
• Buffers soil pH.
$11 – 1 Gallon Bag
$40 – 4 Gallon Bucket