- Average of 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, some flexibility with schedule.
- The nature of the job means a heavier schedule in spring & summer and lighter schedule in winter.
Start date: as soon as possible
Salary & Benefits
$30,000 per year
Benefits: 4 weeks paid leave yearly
This position includes all aspects of growing for market, including crop planning, planting, maintenance, harvesting, deliveries, marketing, record keeping & budget planning, plus supervision of apprentices and volunteers, and working with customers. Emphasis is on vegetable farming, although the position could include cut flower farming as well.
Previous experience as a farm manager is required.
Other qualifications include:
- Positive attitude, flexibility, self-motivation, commitment to sustainability.
- Ability to work well on a team, to instruct volunteers & apprentices, as well as to work alone.
- Ability to work in all kinds of weather: hot, cold, windy or wet.
- Enjoyment of strenuous physical labor, repetitive tasks, and ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Desire to learn and to serve the community with what you learn.
Who We Are
CommonWealth is a grass-roots urban farm in central Oklahoma City, growing vegetables and cut flowers on 5 urban lots. In addition to production, we have a strong focus on education, community engagement and sustainability. This position offers the opportunity to be part of a learning community and to contribute to a growing organization.
All ages, genders, ethnicities are encouraged to apply.
Contact us at Info@commonwealthurbanfarms.com with any questions.